Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sewing (sorta): domesticity

Yes, it's been far too long for the two people who actually read this. I know you've been dying for updates. Ha ha.

Since January (the last entry here), there's been a lot going on in TheRealLife. Here's part of what I managed to sew since then:

Now, you might say, "Gee, those look like lovely curtains from Pier 1. Did you get a new job??" And I'll say, "Noooooo, look closely!" And you'll squint and say, "But I don't see a difference!" I'll pay you the money later.

And the reality is, they werer purchased from said retailer... but I hemmed them! I also lined them with blackout fabric for this east-facing window. This had the unintended effect of giving the curtains a nice heft that the original polyester didn't possess.

I also blacked-out a few other windows and sewed some squares to cover other windows, but they're not as exciting-looking. There's one set of windows that's being covered by fabric and bulldog binder clips. Hey, don't knock the working jerry-rigged solution!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh muchly pretty. And modifying something is equally as impressive as starting from scratch... :)

    ReplyDelete